Sunday, 8 May 2011

Week 3 - Challenge

In week 3 we had a visit to Second Life(SL) with Nancy, which was fun. I got to ride an elephant in the virtual world :) I have been to SL before, but do not see myself taking students there for security reasons.  I think there might be a lot of potential there, but maybe for older students.  I teach elementary students so I do not think this is something our school would be interested in, or have parental approval for such a tool to be used with their children.  


We covered several mobile technologies like Poodle which are also interesting but do not see it being used with elementary students in my case particularly. (challenges: some students not having mobiles, parents not allowing students to spend money on mobile for these purposes, etc.)


During week 3 my group came up with a presentation about a tool "Gong" or NanoGong or Minigong, which is a recording device that can be integrated in Moodle. 
https://docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0Advd1H6jy_lwZGYzNXFyY21fMTA1cTg2OHRnNw&hl=en
(you might not have access to this link yet as we are still using it for our last presentation but it will be available soon)


You can try a MiniGong if you go to this link: http://gong.ust.hk/gong506/mini.html


No comments:

Post a Comment